1. toothpaste basic ingredients: no matter what brand of toothpaste, the basic ingredients are the same, mainly including:
detergent: it can make toothpaste foaming and decontamination.
Friction agent: it can help remove plaque and dirt attached to the surface of teeth.
Adhesive: it can combine various components in toothpaste into paste.
Fragrance: it can make toothpaste have various flavors and remove bad breath.
2. Toothpaste containing special ingredients: in addition to the above main ingredients, various drugs are also added to the medicated toothpaste. These medicated toothpastes mainly include:
Fluoride toothpaste: fluoride can prevent dental caries, so fluoride such as sodium fluoride is added to the toothpaste. This kind of toothpaste is mainly used to prevent dental caries.
Periodontal disease toothpaste: such as chlorhexidine toothpaste and kangzhining toothpaste. This kind of toothpaste has a certain preventive effect on periodontal disease by adding drugs to inhibit bacteria. Some Chinese herbal toothpaste also has some effects on gum bleeding caused by periodontitis.
Desensitization toothpaste: there are also acid proof toothpaste. This kind of toothpaste is added with desensitizing drugs, which has a certain effect on cold and acid sensitive teeth.
3. Mouthwash composition: like toothpaste, the composition of mouthwash is determined by its function. Gargle containing aromatic agent can remove bad breath; Fluoride can prevent dental caries; Those containing bacteriostatic agents have certain effects on periodontal disease; The chemicals in some mouthwash (refreshing liquid) can inhibit the formation of dental plaque, but their effect is not as good as brushing teeth, so refreshing liquid can not replace brushing teeth.
4. Precautions for use: when using toothpaste and mouthwash, you should pay attention to:
1) According to individual needs, choose toothpaste and mouthwash with appropriate ingredients. For example, those susceptible to caries should generally choose fluoride, and periodontal patients should generally choose toothpaste and mouthwash with the effect of inhibiting periodontal pathogens.
2) When using toothpaste, you should apply a little pressure to squeeze the toothpaste into the gap between the bristles. It is wrong to apply a piece of toothpaste on the tip of the bristles.
3) Children can not use fluoride toothpaste before they are 3 years old, and children over 3 years old should try to use fluoride toothpaste, but under the supervision of parents, the size of soybeans is enough each time.
4) Whether it is toothpaste or mouthwash, you should pay attention not to swallow when using it, otherwise it may cause certain adverse reactions, especially for children.
precautions for children’s toothpaste
The prevalence of dental caries is closely related to the fluoride content of teeth. Too much or too little fluoride is not good for health. Generally speaking, children’s dental fluoride content is significantly lower than that of adults, and the prevalence of dental caries is also significantly higher than that of adults. The first way to prevent caries is to develop good oral hygiene habits. The use of fluoride toothpaste can improve the anti caries ability of teeth. However, when choosing toothpaste for children, parents should pay attention to the following points:
1. The fluoride content of toothpaste should not be too high.
According to the survey, as long as children aged 2 to 4 brush their teeth twice a day, the fluoride content of the toothpaste they swallow unconsciously will be enough to meet the daily fluoride needs of children in non fluoride deficient areas. In addition, the daily intake of fluoride from the diet will lead to the potential risk of dental fluorosis. Therefore, children should not use adult toothpaste, but children’s toothpaste with low fluoride content.
2. Avoid peppermint additives
Toothpaste containing peppermint additive is not easy for children to accept, so it should not be used.
3. Use fruit flavored toothpaste with caution.
Some children’s toothpaste has a fruit taste, and about 1 / 4 of the children directly swallowed the toothpaste. Parents should pay attention to education and prevention.
4. Children should not use multi foam toothpaste.
Toothpaste can be divided into three types: more foam, medium foam and less foam. The amount of foam depends on its soap content. The soap content of multi bubble toothpaste is more than 18%. The soap is easily decomposed into caustic alkali or ester acid in oral saliva, which not only stimulates the oral mucosa, but also destroys the enzymes in saliva. In addition, if the soap content is large, the friction force will be reduced accordingly, which will affect the effect of tooth cleaning. Therefore, parents should not choose more foam toothpaste for children.
5. Children should not use medicated toothpaste for a long time.
There are many TV advertisements for medicated toothpaste, and the proportion of children suffering from dental diseases is very high. Parents love their children very much, and often use medicated toothpaste for their children for a long time. Little do they realize that when things go to extremes, they will turn against each other. The use of medicated toothpaste for a long time will affect children’s oral health.
Although medicated toothpaste has a certain effect on oral diseases, its harm is not shallow if it is abused for a long time. For example, long-term use of anti-inflammatory tooth protection toothpaste will not only make the pathogenic bacteria in the mouth resistant to drugs, but also kill some bacteria and normal bacteria in the mouth, which will not only bring difficulties to disease treatment but also lead to new infections. In addition, many medicated toothpastes contain alkaloids and highly irritating substances. Long term use can not only damage the delicate mucosa in the mouth, but also cause inflammation in the gums, mouth, tongue, lips, throat and other places due to long-term strong irritation.
Some medicated toothpastes have a strong bitter and spicy taste, which often causes gastrointestinal discomfort. Some medicated toothpastes are added with some dye, which will make the teeth lose luster after long-term application. Therefore, children should use less or no medicine toothpaste.
Leave a Reply