1. Can I practice yoga if my body is stiff
Yoga can not only slim and shape the body, relieve pressure, but also enhance the flexibility of the body. People with rigid bodies are very suitable to practice yoga to make their bodies soft, and they can learn yoga better. Generally speaking, the more rigid the body, the more suitable it is to practice yoga.
2. Precautions for the elderly to do yoga
Take easy and give up difficult: the softness, reaction and absorption capacity of the elderly’s limbs may be lower than when they were young. When learning yoga, try to choose simple formulas that you can cope with. Never aim too high and force yourself to complete certain formulas. Otherwise, it will be easy to sprain and disappoint yourself when you fail to meet the goal.
Don’t overestimate yourself: pay attention to whether you have osteoporosis and joint problems? Are you taking any long-term drugs such as blood pressure drugs, heart drugs, diabetes drugs, blood thinning drugs, etc? Have you just completed the operation? These factors will affect performance, and you should not overestimate your ability.
3. How to do if you hurt your waist while practicing yoga
Don’t confuse cold compress with hot compress. Apply cold compress to the damaged part within 24 hours after injury: take a basin of cold water, soak two small towels or gauze in cold water, then take it out and screw it to half dry before applying it to the affected part. Change the dressing every 4-5 minutes, apply for 20-30 minutes each time, and cold compress several times a day. Hot compress the damaged part 24 hours after the injury.
If you haven’t fully recovered, remember never to do waist movements again. If possible, you can ask your family or friends around you to help rub the activating oil and massage the strained part properly.
Yoga Tips for beginners
The breathing here refers to “deep and gentle deep breathing”, because we generally only use 30% of the breathing function in daily life, and you can recover the remaining 70% of your potential through yoga, so you should always remember: deep, deep, deep breathing.
2. Warm up
If you feel numb when you move your body after holding a posture for a few minutes in your daily life, it means that your blood circulation is slow enough to protest against you with numbness. Such people should spend 15-20 minutes warming up before practicing yoga; If you have a good habit of exercise at ordinary times, you can start formal practice by warming up for 5-10 minutes.
With relaxation, you will have softness. With softness, your muscles and bones will have elasticity. With elasticity, you can avoid many sports injuries and move elegantly and harmoniously. Therefore, you must not be nervous and enjoy the charm of yoga in a relaxed way.
When practicing yoga, you must “follow your feelings”. You must be more sensitive to your “feelings” and realize whether you are in physical and mental balance? Is there any stress or physical discomfort? More importantly, we should feel whether the twisting, folding, stretching and squeezing of the body by yoga asana are within the body’s tolerance. We should not force the body to stretch in pursuit of standard movements.
What yoga moves can reduce stress
1. Beef noodle
Sitting posture: sit on your heels, raise your hands, bend your elbows, press your left hand down and your right elbow down, close your eyes and keep breathing. Then repeat the same action in the other direction. Remember not to lean your shoulders forward while doing the movements, and keep your neck straight.
Sitting posture, bend your knees, fit the soles of your feet, and stretch your hands to hold the soles of your feet. Stand upright at the waist and back, then shake from side to side and touch the ground with your knees. Pay attention to keeping the upper body upright when doing movements.
3. Lateral extension
Spread your feet about 1.5 times shoulder width apart, extend your right hand upward, tilt your body to the left, and look at the ceiling. Then return to the original position and repeat the same action to the other side. Be careful not to bend your knees and keep your heels on the ground.
4. Lift the arm with your head up
Sitting posture, knees together, sitting on heels, arms backward, fingers clasped. Then raise your head and move your arms upward. Repeat 3-4 times.
5. Mountain style
Keep your feet together, your back straight, your fingers clasped and stretched upward, and your palms facing the ceiling. Exhale, push your elbows up and stretch your fingers. Pay attention to the front, straighten the spine, and keep the heel from the ground.
Arms and knees in a crawling position, shoulder width apart. Inhale, lift your head to look at the ceiling, and sink your back. Exhale with your head down and your back arched. Notice that both legs and arms should be perpendicular to the ground when doing the movement.