It is difficult for us to avoid bumps in life. Once we get hurt, the first thing we think of is band aids. However, band aids are not a panacea and are not suitable for all wounds. Improper use of band aids can also lead to disaster. Let’s take a look. Which wounds can’t be treated with band aids? We should transfer it to our relatives~~
1. Small and deep wounds
Bandages should not be used for small and deep wounds. Because the wound is not easy to clean, it is easy to leave foreign matters and be contaminated by bacteria, especially it is easy to be infected with anaerobic bacteria such as tetanus bacillus. If you put a band aid on the wound, it will aggravate the infection.
2. Wounds with more bleeding
Bandages should not be used for wounds with more bleeding, and they should be treated in hospital in time.
3. Slight skin abrasion
If it’s just a slight skin abrasion, you don’t need to use a band aid. Just apply it with iodine or alcohol to prevent infection.
4. Heavily polluted wounds
For contaminated and infected wounds, burns, scalded wounds and large skin abrasions, band aids should not be used to cover the wounds, otherwise infection will be triggered or aggravated.
5. Animal bites
For wounds caused by animals such as dog bites, cat scratches, snake bites, poisonous insect stings or bites, band aids should not be used to prevent venom and bacteria from accumulating or spreading in the wounds. Wash the wound repeatedly for more than 15 minutes with clean water, cold tea water, mineral water, normal saline, 2% soap water and even urine at the first time.
6. Various skin boils and swelling
Band aids can not be used for various skin boils and swelling. Because the band aids have poor water absorption and permeability, they are not conducive to the absorption and drainage of swelling fluid, and are easy to cause bacteria to grow and reproduce, causing or aggravating infection.
the correct way to use band aids
1. First clean the wound (preferably wash it with 3% hydrogen peroxide), and then apply it with band aid. If the skin damage is relatively deep and there is no condition to treat it on site, you may as well rinse the wound with clean water first.
2. Then use band aid for simple bandage; At the same time, we should hurry up to the nearest hospital for formal disinfection to avoid infection.
3. The band aid should not be wrapped too tightly to avoid anaerobic infection due to the impermeability of the wound. Wrapping too tightly can also easily block the blood circulation of the injured part and cause ischemic necrosis.
In life, we often use band aids, which are a convenient way to treat wounds. However, when using band aids to treat wounds, it is necessary to know which wounds can not be treated with band aids to avoid disease hazards caused by indiscriminate use of band aids.