Recently, a female driver in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province, crashed four cars in a row. Afterwards, she argued that her brain went blank after her menstrual period and somehow she was hit. It is said that female drivers are road killers, and now there are more reasons, which makes people laugh. It can be seen that we should pay attention to what happens due to personal reasons when driving on the road? What kind of driving psychology is undesirable?
the group with poor sense of mechanical control represented by female drivers
From the perspective of psychological stress, some studies have found that under the same conditions, women are more likely to be stressed than men, so the probability of accidents in dangerous situations is higher. In addition, female drivers are born with caution, so there may be more sudden brakes during driving, resulting in a relatively high probability of rear end collision.
However, due to the caution of female drivers, their traveling speed will be slow, careful and patient, and the probability of accidents will be lower than that of reckless men. According to the statistics of the traffic control department of the Ministry of Public Security:
Studies in developed countries also show that female drivers usually cause fewer serious accidents than men:
Therefore, it is very unfair to label female drivers as “road killers”. Many female drivers in news reports are only individual cases, and more female drivers are still reliable.
the tyranny of “angry road syndrome”
“Road rage” as its name implies means driving with anger, which refers to the behavior of motor vehicle drivers driving on the road with aggressive or angry revenge psychology. Common examples are when facing others to overtake or honking behind, abusing others, forcibly cutting into others’ lanes, excessive honking and flashing lights.
According to a survey by a well-known Internet website, 93% of car owners will have excessive emotions or driving behaviors when driving, and less than 7% of car owners say that “I never get angry when driving.”:
In the face of “road rage”, prevention is better than treatment, and the driver himself can make the following self psychological adjustment:
1. Learn to adjust yourself mentally. Don’t drive when you are excited. Don’t bring your irritability into the car.
2. At ordinary times, some relaxed activities are used to coordinate and release tension, and more exercise can release pressure.
3. Be prepared before going out, and don’t get angry due to bad emotions caused by haste.
4. Don’t make phone calls or communicate too much with people in the car when driving, so as to avoid emotional fluctuations.
5. You can play melodious and soothing music while driving, which is conducive to slowing down your mood.
6. Before driving, you should ensure that you have sufficient spirit and are not agitated due to fatigue.
In fact, driving is related to driving skills and psychology. Everyone’s driving skills and psychology are not equal. Female drivers make mistakes more because they are not confident in their own driving skills, which has little to do with gender. And “road rage” can’t act recklessly with superior driving skills. The correct way to travel is to abide by traffic rules and reduce unnecessary friction.