The whole family is allergic, not necessarily because of heredity

Are there some allergens hidden in the home that will cause our allergy? Then find them and clean them up. Although it is not practical to remove all allergens, changing some of the practices you are used to and replacing some household items can reduce the possibility of allergy.

be careful of three types of pollution sources

volatile organic compounds

Volatile organic compounds come from the solvents contained in glue, paint, maintenance products, varnish sound insulation materials, soot and other products, which will produce benzene and formaldehyde. They stimulate the respiratory system and increase the likelihood of asthma attacks.


Although they are small, they are very destructive. They like to stay in our skin debris. The growing environment these little things like most is muggy and humid. They usually like to live in beds, carpets, plush fabrics and plush.


If molds want to survive, they must have water, air and food. They will find food in wood, paper and dirty things. They also release spores and mycotoxins that can cause allergies. Replace the fluffy fabric in the living room

Although fluffy fabrics do not necessarily contain allergens, they may contain a lot of dust, mold, and possibly animal allergens and glue residues. On the contrary, if you lay solid wood floors, there will be no so much trouble: wood floors are easy to maintain, and you only need to use floor wax, which naturally reduces the chance of allergy. In addition, linen carpet is also suitable. From the perspective of hygiene, linen floor felt has good performance. This natural covering releases few toxic substances and is easy to maintain. Moreover, the color of linen carpet is rich and the patterns are diverse, which is more beautiful in the living room.

flowers and grasses should be kept selectively.

A study by the National Space Center of the United States in the 1980s showed that in terms of air circulation, most plants have the characteristics of cleaning the atmosphere. These plants can absorb harmful substances in the process of breathing.

Although some plants can absorb harmful substances, they can’t turn your living room into a greenhouse. You can calculate the area occupied by a plant as 20 square meters. Don’t let the area occupied by plants be larger than the living room. In addition, it should be noted that molds sometimes pollute indoor plants.

On the contrary, some flowering plants, such as tulips, may become allergens from their pollen or juice on flowers and leaves, leading to respiratory system allergy or contact allergy. If it is found that the child’s throat or conjunctiva is uncomfortable and he does not catch a cold, then the culprit is probably these flowers and grasses. You can only dispose of these plants.

dry the wet bathroom

If your bathroom is often wet and humid, this place has become the best habitat for mold. Mold can be seen with the naked eye and smelled through the nose. They usually like to gather at the bottom of the sink, forming several black lines at the joints of the bathtub, and so on. These molds reproduce by releasing spores into the air. Once they inhale these substances, they will have allergic reactions.

in order to stay away from these molds as far as possible, we need to make some adjustments in our lifestyle:

● install ventilation fan in the bathroom, and it is better to install a ventilation window near the bathroom.

● the ventilation fan in the bathroom shall be dedusted every month to ensure the normal release of water vapor.

● do not take a bath for too long, and ventilate after each bath.

● do not dry clothes in the bathroom.

open the window twice a day for ventilation

Now the decoration of the home is getting better and better. Many families install double-layer glass doors and windows, which are well sealed, so that we will live in the stagnant air. If the air is not flowing, the direct result will be to increase the indoor air humidity index and make the indoor environment more suitable for mites and molds. Therefore, if you didn’t have the habit of opening windows for ventilation in the past, you must change it from now on. Remember to open the windows of your home greatly, at least twice a day, and each time is no less than 15 minutes.

use less chemical cleaning products

Nowadays, there are many kinds of cleaning products with detailed division of labor, which brings convenience to household cleaning. However, be careful when using them. After all, these are chemical products, which are volatile and may cause allergic symptoms. Generally speaking, when buying this kind of cleaning products, you should try to choose products with low chemical emissions and signs that meet environmental protection standards, and you should not use them too frequently. If you just wipe off the dust on the furniture, you can use damp rags, and you don’t need to use those furniture cleaners.

In fact, natural cleaners have good environmental protection effects, such as white vinegar, which is much better than those containing chemical substances.

choose environmentally friendly furniture

When buying furniture, you should choose reliable brands. Furniture with green environmental protection marks will release less volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde. These organic compounds can irritate nasal mucosa and bronchus, resulting in sudden allergic rhinitis. Therefore, even if you buy environmentally friendly furniture, the best way is to let the furniture stay in the ventilation area for a period of time before putting the new furniture in the baby’s room.

wash the bedding regularly.

You should know that pillows and bedding are places where mites love to hide. You may not imagine that there are thousands of mites in a pillow. Therefore, in addition to regularly cleaning pillowcases, bedsheets and quilt covers, we should also take the quilts and pillows to the sun regularly. What mites fear most is dryness and sunshine.

Use less air fresheners and deodorants. Some people are used to using air fresheners and deodorants to remove the odor in their homes, hoping to improve the air quality in their homes. In fact, doing so only covers the odor, which not only can not improve the air quality, but also can bring allergy. Because indoor deodorants and air fresheners contain a large amount of volatile organic compounds, they will cause great irritation to the respiratory tract and cause allergy. There is only one way to dispel the odor: ventilation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *