Many people are used to taking a nap at noon, and a short lunch break can provide effective physical and mental supplements for their work or study in the afternoon. However, due to the limited space, many white-collar workers and students choose to take a nap at the table, which is easy to cause physical discomfort and unnecessary physical diseases.
1. Eye diseases
When sleeping on the stomach, the eyeball will be compressed, which will enlarge the eyeball and increase the eye axis. It is easy to damage the cornea and retina, cause corneal deformation and radian change, and may also lead to increased intraocular pressure and induce glaucoma. In addition to affecting vision, forming high myopia, increasing the incidence rate of glaucoma, it is likely to accelerate astigmatism.
2. Vertebral muscle and nerve diseases
Twisting the neck and pressing the upper body for a long time will make the muscles of the neck, shoulder and waist tense, resulting in shoulder and neck muscle soreness and slight deformation of the cervical and thoracic vertebrae. If a person keeps his head down for a long time, the physiological curvature of his neck is in the shape of “C” with the opening backward. When he sleeps on the table, his neck bends forward, which violates the physiology of his neck and presses his upper body for a long time, which will lead to spinal curvature, lumbar muscle strain and other symptoms.
3. Digestive tract diseases
After lunch, more blood needs to flow to the gastrointestinal tract to help digestion and absorption. It takes at least one hour to empty the food in the stomach; If you lie down and sleep on the table immediately after a meal, the gastrointestinal tract will be oppressed due to the increase of body curvature, which will increase the burden of peristalsis and reduce the digestive capacity. It is easy to cause gastrointestinal flatulence and cause chronic gastritis. This may be the main reason why Oriental people have more digestive tract diseases.
4. Respiratory diseases
Lying on the table for a nap will increase the curvature of the body, compress the lungs, increase the burden on the lungs, and because of insufficient blood and oxygen supply, the lungs can not stretch well, resulting in poor breathing, which will affect the respiratory function, especially in women, because of the compression of the chest, it will also induce diseases such as heart or breast in the future.
5. Chronic cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
Noon is the time when the blood circulation of the whole body is the fastest. Because the head, neck and chest are severely bent during the siesta at the table, it will compress the carotid artery, heart, lung, gastrointestinal and other organs, and increase the burden of the heart and lung. In addition, after lunch, more blood needs to flow to the gastrointestinal tract to help digestion and absorption, resulting in insufficient blood supply and oxygen supply to the head, resulting in poor breathing, dizziness, dizziness, tinnitus and other symptoms of cerebral ischemia and hypoxia.
6. Radial nerve disease of arm
Lying on the table and sleeping with your arm as a pillow will compress the radial nerve of your arm, resulting in paralysis of your arm’s nerve, affecting normal blood circulation and nerve conduction, causing pain and numbness in your thumb and index finger, inability to hold chopsticks and pens, and local nerve paralysis such as shoulder pain and arm pain. In addition, when sleeping at the table, the facial nerve of the face is compressed and damaged, resulting in nerve paralysis or facial deformation. The blood flow of one carotid artery is reduced due to the lying down posture, which is easy to cause chronic diseases.
Lying on the table to sleep is harmful to the body, so how can lunch break be healthy?
1. Don’t eat greasy food before bed, and don’t eat too full greasy food will increase blood viscosity, aggravate coronary artery disease, and increase the burden of stomach digestion.
2. Create conditions to lie down and sleep it’s not beautiful to put together several chairs as a bed during lunch break, but it’s good for health. If there is enough space, you can also buy a folding bed to sleep in.
3. Don’t lie down immediately after lunch to sleep in the afternoon after lunch, a large amount of blood flows to the stomach, the blood pressure drops, and the oxygen supply and nutrition to the brain drop significantly, which is easy to cause insufficient blood supply to the brain. Generally, after eating, you should rest for more than ten minutes before taking a nap.
4. Avoid strong external stimuli during nap due to muscle relaxation, telangiectasia, and dilated sweat pores after falling asleep, people are prone to colds or other diseases, and they should also pay attention to avoiding wind chill.
5. Light activity after waking after taking a nap, stand up slowly and drink another glass of water to replenish blood volume and dilute blood viscosity. Don’t engage in complex and dangerous work immediately, because waking up often makes people feel trance.
note: it is better to turn off the computer during the office lunch break. Even if you turn off the screen, the radiation of the host computer still exists. Therefore, when you go to bed at noon, even if it is half an hour or 20 minutes, you should develop the good habit of turning off the computer.