The disease prevention and control department conducted a sampling survey on the bacterial pollution of a large number of washing machines that have been used for more than half a year. It found that the total number of bacteria of washing machines exceeded the standard by 81.3%, the total coliform group detection rate was 100%, and the mold detection rate was 60.2%. The main reason for this phenomenon is that the washing machine trough was polluted. The relevant investigation also shows that 60.2% of the molds detected in the washing machine’s inner tank will cause gynecological diseases such as mycotic vaginitis and infection with molds, which is very harmful to pregnant women, and also cause many skin diseases such as tinea pedis, tinea manus, tinea fingernail and tinea versicolor. For infants and young children, because of their poor resistance to bacteria, they are more prone to skin problems such as eczema or allergy.
It is reported that the washing machine trough is located in the crevice between the inner and outer cylinders of the washing machine, which people can’t see at ordinary times. It is a “bacterial barrier” that can’t be eliminated by traditional towel wiping or opening the lid for ventilation. When people wash clothes, they can’t solve the cleaning problem of the washing machine trough even if they put more disinfectants in it. Health experts point out that people in modern society have gradually formed the habit of using clothes disinfectant when washing clothes, but the cleaning of washing machine slots is a blank area in families, and most of the bacteria left on common clothes also come from this.
Most families do not have the concept of washing machines, so many washing machines may not be cleaned once when they are scrapped. However, the doctor told us that the scale in the water, the free matter of washing powder, the cellulose of clothes, the organic matter of the human body and the dust and bacteria brought in by the clothes are firmly attached to the washing machine, breed and ferment at normal temperature, and seriously pollute the clothes twice when washing.
What are the health risks of laundry opportunities?
If the washing machine is used for a long time, a layer of black and sticky dirt and dirt will accumulate in the washing machine slot, and a large number of bacteria will breed. When washing clothes, dirt and germs will be brought into the washing water to form secondary pollution to the clothes. The human body is easily infected by germs when wearing clothes that have been contaminated twice. In particular, special groups such as the elderly, infants, and pregnant women are more vulnerable to germs because of their weak resistance. For example, mold can cause various skin diseases such as tinea pedis, tinea manus, tinea fingernail, tinea versicolor, etc; At the same time, it will also cause gynecological diseases such as mycotic vaginitis, especially for pregnant women, infection with mold will easily lead to abortion and premature birth. It looks terrible.
Some strains may not be eliminated even by drying, especially intimate underwear, which is very dangerous for women. Therefore, it is recommended that women wash their underwear by hand, choose soap, and do not use detergent with enzymes. Especially for pregnant women and lactating women. At the same time, the washing machine should be placed in a ventilated and bright place, and the underwear and coat should be washed separately to reduce cross contamination of clothes.
washing machine “four steps”
Step 1: remove the drain pipe of the washing machine and close the water inlet valve.
Step 2: pour the special detergent and bactericide into the washing machine, add water to a high level, but it must be 50 ℃ hot water, prepare it in proportion and stir it evenly.
Step 3: press the power switch of the washing machine, set the program to “washing mode”, start the machine for 10 minutes or 20 minutes, and rotate the washing tub. After that, turn off the power and soak for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Step 4: discharge the sewage after a large amount of dirt surfaced. Then open the water inlet valve to add fresh water, select the washing program again, and clean the filter screen after the program runs, and the descaling and cleaning work is over.
use the washing machine scientifically and keep away from health hazards
1. The newly bought washing machine should be thoroughly cleaned every three months with special detergent for washing machine. Directly pour the articles to be disinfected together with the prepared disinfectant into the washing tub, soak them for 30-60 minutes, and rinse them with clean water.
2. When cleaning the turbine washing machine, remove the turbine, wipe off the dirt first, and then wipe and disinfect with 1000 mg / L chlorine containing disinfectant solution. After 30 minutes of action, clean it with clean water.
3. Always open the cover of the washing machine to keep it dry. Take the clothes out to dry immediately after washing. Don’t be stuffy in the washing machine.
4. The washing machine should be stored in a ventilated and dry place, and should not be stored in the toilet.
5. The lower drainage outlet must be higher than the drainage pipe, and water cannot be left in the drainage pipe.
6. When not in use, take off the filter bag and hang it outside to dry it fully.
7. After the washing machine with the top door is used, dry the water inside with a dry rag. In addition, the washing machine with the side door should dry the water embedded in the gasket at the door to avoid mold.
8. Masks, milk masks, handkerchiefs, face towels and other items should not be washed together with other dirty clothes, and it is better to wash them by hand, that is to say, it still takes some trouble where it can’t be saved; The clothes of patients, especially those of infectious patients, should be washed separately. The clothes of patients should be boiled and disinfected before washing.
Leave a Reply